There has been a lot of activity happening onsite over the last week so this has been my first real opportunity to update the blog since last week. It was brilliant to see the final trusses going up and finally get an idea what the house will look like from my original designs.
Horrendous weather on site today but we managed to get most of the first floor panels in place. The scaffolding was also lifted in preparation for the roof trusses to go on next week. With high winds forecast for the next few days I have put the crane off until Tuesday.
A steel column has been sent to site 120mm short. To prevent this causing several days delay in progress while another is fabricated, I decided to form a reinforced concrete pad for the steel column to sit on.